Monday, October 24, 2011

To blog or not to blog....

Over the years several people have been telling me that I need to start spreading the word about what I am doing.  To document and show people how I take the junk I find and transform it into something great.  I have resisted because, to be honest, I am so low tech that the idea of doing a blog seemed impossible.

I have come to the realization that it will not only be a fun way to watch the transformation of all the pieces I work on,  but it will also inspire me to keep at it.  Hopefully a little peer pressure will help me to finish all these projects I have in my workshop!! 

It started with finding things at the curb and picking them up to reuse.  I loved the idea of taking something old and reworking it into a usable and beautiful piece.  The idea of saving space in the landfill and also the story of the old piece are fascinating to me.

One of my first finds was when I was about 9 months pregnant and I found some old door moldings in someone's garbage.  A bit of sanding and paint, and voila!  Picture rails for our old family photos.



Over the years I have found tons of things that inspire me out of dumpsters, flea markets and thrift shops.  Giving them new life for either our home or someone else is exciting and rewarding.

So stick around, check in with me from time to time and see what I am up to next!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo glad you're doing this. It makes no sense that a super talented person like yourself doesn't have a spot for all of us to follow along. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole concept of repurposing stuff, and so creative! Really looking forward to following your blog, Chris! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete