Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whose Idea Was This???

Well, it's too late to turn back now....and while I am really excited about how the kitchen is going to turn out...I must say I am super impatient and frustrated with the mess, work and the fact that everything we own kitchen-wise is in our living room and dining room.



The plus side is that now I have my computer, coffee, tea, toast and wine all in one handy spot!!!


On the minus side...the dust and dirt is all over everything we own.

We spent the better part of 2 days ripping out all the old stuff we didn't need and then the next 2 days putting in all the new stuff we did need.

The old kitchen is now in the back yard/trailer park waiting to be picked up by Habitat for Humanity.


 We are working on new plumbing (while correcting the mistakes of the previous owners plumbing fiascos), new electrical (finally pot lights...yay!!), and getting everything ready to go for the new wood floors and kitchen.

 Back to the plaster and lath...

 My Crew hard at work planning...


It's tons of work and I'm trying to be patient (my husband would not quite agree with this small white lie) but I can't wait to see how it comes together.  Right now the new kitchen is in boxes in the basement "assembly zone".  Okay it's really the kids' lego space but, whatever.....

I will start working on putting it together in the next few days and the wood floors go in tomorrow.

Stay tuned for the updates as we progress....it's getting a bit nutty around here as we wash dishes in the bathtub but hopefully at the end of it all we'll have a great new kitchen space.

1 comment:

  1. The storm before the calm?! I can't WAIT to see this. Well okay, you probably want it finished more than me but I'm second:)

    ReplyDelete